Every week we round up some of the more intriguing links the Tor.com Facebook portals discover. This week Thomas Edison’s 2011 predictions were weighed, protopunk illustrations went on parade, Abe Lincoln gets all sexypants, and lots more!
- “Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi.” Yup, that hologram is real now.
- Thomas Edison tells us what the year 2011 will be like.
- Is science fiction getting more conservative? Read and decide for yourself.
- Wizard Magazine and Toyfare lay off all staff and cancel all freelance assignments, but still plan to relaunch next month as Wizard World
- George R.R. Martin talks to MTV about A Song of Ice and Fire
- China Miéville is starting a online webcomic! Catch London Intrusion here.
The Heir of Night author, Helen Lowe, discusses New Zealand spec fiction
- Here’s hoping that Brooklyn’s Way Station gets its liquor license soon. We want to visit a bar that has a TARDIS in it.
- Freyberger Gallery hosts a steampunk art exhibit.
- Beautiful illustrations of protopunk inventions.
- Like zombies, but hate McDonalds? This shirt is for you.
- Ilona Andrews discusses the importance of worldbuilding in urban fantasy.
- Benjamin Walker (aka the title lead in Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson, for all you musical fans) is set to play the title character in the upcoming Abe Lincoln: Vampire Hunter film.
- One blogger has a pretty good idea of how the Wheel of Time book series ends.
- Freemasonry and WoT.
- Action figures!