Nearly a third—seven out of 22—of Tor.com’s original stories published in 2009 made this year’s annual Locus recommended-reading list:
- “The Cat Who Walked a Thousand Miles” by Kij Johnson
- “First Flight” by Mary Robinette Kowal
- “A Weeping Czar Beholds the Fallen Moon” by Ken Scholes
- “Zeppelin City” by Michael Swanwick & Eileen Gunn
- “Eros, Philia, Agape” by Rachel Swirsky
- “The City Quiet as Death” by Steven Utley & Michael Bishop
- “Escape to Other Worlds with Science Fiction” by Jo Walton
In addition, Rachel Swirsky’s “A Memory of Wind” is among the just-announced finalists for this year’s Nebula Award.
Our congratulations to all of these authors!