NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Naughty Apocalypse contest (“Promotion”) is open to registered users of Tor.com who are 18 and over and are legal residents of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia (excluding residents of Puerto Rico). Employees of Tor.com (“Sponsor”), its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies and their family/household members (defined as parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents) are not eligible to enter. This Promotion is intended for viewing in the United States only and shall be construed in accordance with U.S. law. Void outside the 50 US and DC, Puerto Rico and wherever else prohibited by law. All Federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
- HOW TO ENTER: Promotion begins on Wednesday 13 May, 2009 at 3:02PM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on Thursday, 14 May, 2009 at 3:02PM ET. To enter the Promotion, visit http://www.tor.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=blog&id=25518 (the “Site”). Submit your entry by submitting as a comment your original parody of no more than 50 words of the title or content from any dystopic or post-apocalyptic book, story, movie, or other cultural product. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify this Promotion in the event that an insufficient number of entries are received that meet the minimum judging criteria.
By submitting a parody, entrant represents and warrants that the parody: is entrant’s own creation and is 100% original work (except for elements of any underlying work on which the parody is based, subject to the limits set forth below); has not been entered in any other contest or won any other award; has not been published previously; is not subject to, and does not infringe upon, the rights of any third parties; to the extent the parody is based on any other copyrighted work, entrant’s use of the underlying work does not exceed limits permitted of the fair use doctrine under US copyright law; and, is not illegally obscene or otherwise illegal.
Entrants not complying with these requirements will be subject to disqualification. Limit three entries per person or per household. All entrants must have a valid email address. In case of dispute as to identity of entrant, entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Any other attempted form of entry is prohibited; no automatic, programmed; robotic or similar means of entry are permitted. Sponsor, and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners and promotion and advertising agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, website, Internet, or ISP unavailability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one's ability to enter this Promotion, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Promotion or downloading any materials in this Promotion. All entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned.
- JUDGING/WINNER: All entries will be read and judged by Sponsor on or about THursday, 14 May, 2009. Prize winners will be selected on the basis of originality, humor, and creative writing skill, each factor applied equally. Potential winner will be notified by e-mail on or about Thursday, 14 May, 2009, and may be required to execute and return an Affirmation of Eligibility/Release/Prize Acceptance Form within fourteen (14) days of attempted notification. Each participant selected as a potential winner must comply with all terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all such requirements. If the winner cannot be contacted within 2 calendar days of first notification attempt, if prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if winner rejects his/her prize or in the event of noncompliance with these Promotion Official Rules, such prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected from all remaining eligible entries. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given. JUDGES’ DECISIONS ARE FINAL ON ALL MATTERS.
- PRIZES: There will be one winner. The winner will receive two tickets to the Pinchbottom Burlesque show "The Morning After: Post-Apocalyptic Burlesque", approximate retail value: $40.00, and a trade paperback copy of Wastelands, approximate retail value: $15.95.
Sponsor makes no warranties with regard to the prizes. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions of prize allowed by winner, but Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value due to prize unavailability. Prizes are not redeemable by winner for cash value. All taxes, fees and surcharges on prizes are the sole responsibility of winner.
- RIGHTS IN ENTRIES: By submitting a parody and entering the Promotion, entrant grants Sponsor the right in perpetuity to publish, use, edit, adapt and/or modify his/her pun in any way for any and all purposes, including but not limited to advertisements, publicity and/or marketing in any and all media worldwide without further compensation to or permission from entrant (except where prohibited), and with or without credit to entrant, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Acceptance of a prize will constitute the irrevocable assignment and transfer to Sponsor of any and all rights, title and interest in and to said parody including, but not limited to, all intellectual property and moral rights on a world-wide basis.
- GENERAL: Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission by winner to use of his/her name, photograph and/or likeness for advertising, publicity and promotion purposes without compensation (unless prohibited by law). Sponsor is not responsible for incomplete, late, lost, stolen, damaged, mutilated, illegible, postage-due or misdirected entries or mail. By participating in this Promotion, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotions agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in Promotion, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Promotion-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. Sponsor is not responsible if Promotion cannot take place or if any prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Name of winner will be posted at http://www.tor.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=blog&id=25522 after Thursday, 14 May, 2009.
- SPONSOR: Tor.com, a division of Macmillan, 175 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10010.