It’s time once again to talk about Teen Wolf, because the final season approaches! In about a month (November 15th, to be precise), we start our last adventure with my current favorite team of supernaturally gifted teenagers and their bewildered parents. As announced at San Diego ComicCon, Season 6 will end the show, and on their 100th episode no less. Other Tor writers have told you before, and eloquently as hell, why you should be watching. But in case you still need some persuading, I have a few questions for you:
- Does the way Sherlock and Watson navigate the complexities of their friendship in Elementary speaks to you on a deep level?
- Were the Scooby episodes of Buffy your favorite?
- Are Jasper and Monty your platonic OTP?
- Does the fact that “friendship is magic” seems to be the defining message of both Guardians of the Galaxy and Star Trek: Beyond fills you with unholy glee?
- Do you enjoy a good screamfest?
- Is occasional subpar CGI not a dealbreaker?
If you answered “Yes” to any/all of the above, you should be watching Teen Wolf. The plot reaches regular heights (as well as depths) but regardless of what Big Bad is driving the action, the characters are everything. Their relationships are believable; they are compelling; and if you give them half a chance, they will warm the cockles of your cold dead heart.