Happy thirtieth anniversary, Ghostbusters! We’re supposed to give you either diamonds or pearls, but maybe you’d prefer a really big Twinkie? This 8 foot tall Slimer is currently holding court at Gallery 1988 in L.A., so by all means visit him this Sunday, when the greatest film of the ’80s celebrates its third decade. And if you like to plan ahead, a theatrical re-release is in our future!
Morning Roundup reluctantly pauses in its celebration of unlicensed nuclear accelerators to bring you news! We have some Strange theories, a classic song-and-dance man talking about light sabers, and, um, a fascinating view of Hugh Jackman.
- Mark Hamill talks about light sabers!
- It’s an ape on a horse with an assault rifle—obviously you’re going to look.
- Insurgent’s “glamorous actress holding a position of power in a future dystopia” slot has been filled!
- If you want to know how much Thanos you’ll be getting in Guardians of the Galaxy, click through—but remember: there are spoilers ahead, and really, ask yourself: will there ever be enough Thanos for you? Maybe rather than planning for Thanosity, you should just allow it to wash over you when you go see the movie?
- Who should play Doctor Strange? Screw it, we’re going with Tilda Swinton again.
- Um, thank you, Hugh Jackman. We guess?
- Stare into Luigi’s eyes, and despair.
- This story probably isn’t true, we hope it isn’t true, but as Gawker points out, it’s too excellent an opportunity for a “Let it Go” joke to just ignore it.
- It was only a matter of time before the Kickstarter triumph went to LeVar’s head.