Okay. We’re fine now. We can look. We can talk about this image.
How…how does she see? On second thought, nevermind—we’re certain the answer is terrifying. This amazing cosplay of Coraline’s Other Mother comes from deviantartist MissTrisi. There are more images here. You go ahead and look. We’ll, ah… we’ll just be here when you get back.
OK, Morning Roundup. We can do this. Deep breath. We have Rutger Hauer talking about Roy Batty, Akira’s uncanny prognostication, and the real Lisa Frank!
- The AV Club has a list of angrily protested casting decisions, and Heimdall is there! Why wouldn’t people want Idris Elba in a movie? We want him in every movie.
- Is it weird that we find most villains sympathetic?
- See, Rutger Hauer agrees with us!
- Canadian Superman coins have given us an excuse to learn “French Kryptionian.”
- Meteorites brought a surprising element for life to Earth last year. We’re just going to guess: was it love?
- Lisa Frank is real. She lives inside all of us.
- So now that Tokyo has been chosen for the 2020 Olympics, we are officially living in Akira! Life will make even less sense than it currently does! KANEDAAAA.
- We admit, this was something of a gut-punch…but we’re sure it will never actually happen, so don’t worry.
- If you missed The X-Files twenty years ago, don’t worry. Now you can read these comic versions and get caught up!
- And as long as we’re reminiscing about The X-Files, check out some insane fan-fic crossovers.
- Environmentally friendly robots!
- We’re wondering if the undercoating was extra.
- Finally, as promised, have a giant, moving, fully-operational beetle.