One of the highlights of the already-great X-Men First Class was Wolverine’s hilarious cameo, and I think everyone’s in agreement that the best bit of The Wolverine came after the credits. Given that, this shot from the X-Men Days of Future Past has immediately ratcheted up excitement for the film. Those brown coats! Those lapels! Charles’ shirt! At least Wolverine’s usual facial hair is period appropriate.
Today’s Morning Roundup can’t give you any more 70s fashion tips, but it can give you the wonder of William Shatner waxing poetic about cheese, Vin Diesel’s plans for Riddick, and some more thoughts about the surprisingly fertile field of Pacific Rim.
- “Let me score where you’ve already scored” was not something we ever expected to hear out of Captain Kirk’s mouth. Having said that, we could listen to William Shatner talk about cheese all day. No, no, Mr. Shatner, it is you who are the king of cheese.
- Teenaged Ray Bradbury created a science fiction zine called Futuria Fantasia, and now you can read all four issues!
- Cooking and swords should come together more often.
- Vin Diesel talks about the days of future Riddick.
- Wait, wait, wait—if Cloverfield was a prequel to Pacific Rim, why didn’t a bunch of annoying Manhattanites get squished by kaiju? Because that’s the movie we want.
- We’d certainly never encourage anyone to pursue a life of crime. But…if you ever do, you could do worse than aspiring to these amazing 1920s mug shots.
- We can think of no better way to honor Elmore Leonard than directing you to his rules for writers—they will help you, no matter which genre you prefer.
- Here are some great twisted fairy tales to add to your reading list!
- The Kingdom of Laputa has been saved by Twitter once again!
- It makes sense that going to a Disney theme park would inspire ideas for a horror movie, but Randy Moore actually made one, and it’s being released this fall!
- Perhaps it’s time for the Mako Mori Test to stand beside the Bechdel Test?
- Via Galleycat, here are some librarians reenacting The Beastie Boys’ “Sabotage” video: