It seems John Barrowman took a few minutes off from his usual con-schedule of licking and kissing anyone who will hold still long enough to recreate his Doctor Who death scene with help from the cutest li’l Dalek ever! Michael Stalls posted this picture of his daughter squaring off with the Face of Boe and we have to commend her, both on that fantastic costume and her resolutely deadpan expression.
Today’s Morning Roundup features some amazing Jack Kirby artwork, thoughts on re-booting Star Trek, and Doctor Who: The Musical!
- Printmag explores the ways surreal collage art influenced Jack Kirby.
- The only thing that can bring balance to the universe, save the world, destroy the ring, and find you, no matter what occurs, is this epic trailer.
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art and the Guggenheim are offering hundreds of art books for free online!
- A detailed look at Curiosity’s Mars-iversary. Also, the Rover sings happy birthday to itself! Space exploration is adorable.
- Oh Shark Week, why must you come but once a year?
- We have extremely fond memories of book-nerd-Christmas, otherwise known as the day the Scholastic Book Club catalogue arrived. Well, future book-nerd, prepare yourselves for Scholastic Reading Club.
- Sample the eerie effects of playing the Sherlock and Doctor Who theme songs verrry slooowwwlyyy.
- Watch this mini-documentary about Evil Dead and its reboot!
- Karl Urban has some thoughts he’d like to share regarding the direction of the rebooted Star Trek movie series.
- Parkour Jedi!
- Shortlist has collected the coolest movie homes, and while we agree that obviously Syndrome’s lair should make the cut, we have to ask: can a lair that lacks love truly be a home?
- And finally, via SF Signal: