AHEM, Mr. Whedon, Samuel L. Jackson totally wants to be on S.H.I.E.L.D., also in the new Star Wars. But not Black Snake Moan 2: The Moanening. That would be weird.
Your morning roundup would really like to see Wolverine fight a moon but will settle for a bird that can sing genre theme songs.
- Need something quilted in space? Astronaut Karen Nyberg is READY.
- Inspiring news: Libraries and museums are more geographically ubiquitous than Starbucks and McDonald’s are, despite fewer of the former group.
- Cosplay Not Consent efforts can make geek conventions much more welcoming, but there’s more to it than that: Emily Finke discusses slut-shaming and concern trolling in geek culture.
- THIS BIRD. It’s singing the theme from My Neighbor Totoro. YOU GUYS THIS BIRD.
- A side effect of the internet age: More linguistic changes are being recorded than ever before and it’s happening more quickly than we can analyze it. And here we thought we were doing it for the lulz.
- Artist Guilia Pex turned her dad into a superhero for Father’s Day. Although our favorite is the pic where he’s weedwacking as Dr. Octopus.
- Cool infographic that breaks down where everyone is and why at the beginning of Game of Thrones.
- Having a bad day? Watch Superman just beat the crap out of Zod. It hurts… doesn’t it? Zoddd.
- Amanda LaPergola has a comic flipbook review of “The Rains of Castamere” up on The Mary Sue. (No spoilers, interestingly enough.)
- What if Wolverine fought, like, a moon? That would be pretty cool, right? Wolverine vs. The Moon. Sounds like we just wrote Wolverine 3.
- Wait, how’d you manage to make Mario Kart look bad-ass?
Stubby the Rocket is the mascot of Tor.com. No one ever records a video of when it sings.