If our favorite master of snark— Aubrey Plaza—remade Mary Poppins, we imagine the kids would never get their room clean, but might end up being happier. One thing is for sure, Aubrey Plaza Mary Poppins would never make them meet the “feed the birds,” lady. We saw this over on Next Movie and we loved it.
Your daily collection of offsite links includes a genre favorite in Transformers, a day in the life of Morgan Freeman, and an amazing commercial with two Spocks.
- There’s a lot of baddies in the new Spider-Man flick. But the writer thinks that’s okay.
- The Mary Sue is now featuring short stories by Apex Magazine.
- Check out this crazy monster that washed up on the shore in New Zealand.
- Videogames as Little Golden Books.
- Here’s what it’s like to be Morgan Freeman.
- Sophia Myles will be in Transformers 4.
- Robert Downey Jr. on the red carpet. Throughout the years.
- Cory Doctorow on the Slate podcast.
- Hans Zimmer’s Man of Steel score has a preview online.
- Jack Campbell on the limitations of world-building in science fiction.
- Okay, so this Audi commercial with Nimoy and Quinto is awesome.
- Damon Lindelof is pretty sure the bad guys in the next Star Trek movie will be the Klingons.
- Is this when Star Wars will start filming?
- So, Disney sold Star Wars games to Electronic Arts. Here’s how it went down.
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot of Tor.com.