This past Thursday a giant styrofoam head turned up in the Hudson River. Our suspicion is that it fell through from an alternate 2013 timeline where the Roman Empire never fell. (Or it’s detritus from a Mardi Gras float.) We’re probably right about this.
The rest of your daily collection of offsite links are leaking in from another world, including a regular dose of Star Trek hype, what you see when you stare at the sun for three years, and so much more!
- All about the adventures of Shakespeare & Watson.
- Did you forget a new Godzilla film is being made? Well, here is the path of destruction left by Godzilla on the set of the film!
- LEGO version of The Tower of Orthanc is here. Might come with Sauron mini-fig?
- You can have planet-themed lollipops.
- Some folks really, really want Captain Jack in the Doctor Who 50th. Have created a petition.
- Forthcoming Star Wars novel features Leia looking hardcore.
- This is everything the Sun does in three years. (Via Bad Astronomy)
- William Shatner got into a huge unmedicated fight with Damon Lindelof AND Brannon Braga on Twitter.
- Abrams says Star Trek “must be sexy!”
- New character profiles for Star Trek Into Darkness are coming out. The first one is all about Kirk.
Stubby the Rocket is the mascot of Tor.com.