Forget Clara Oswin! Would Lumpy Space Princess make a good companion for the Doctor? With all the animated old-school Doctor Who episodes floating around, we figure we deserve this crossover too. (Art via Liger 69 on deviantArt)
Highlights of your daily offsite links include:
- “Old school” Doctor Who companions set the record straight about the 50th.
- Riddick is so into his own Facebook.
- Game of Thrones stuff on tour.
- Emma Stone continues to convince us she really likes the script for The Amazing Spider-Man 2.
- New story on Lightspeed Magazine by Mary Soon Lee; “Pause Time.”
- Remember that book Pride and Prejudice and Zombies? The movie version is shambling back to life.
- New short story on Clarkesworld from Genevieve Valentine; “86,87,88,89.”
- Beautiful new cover of Bradbury’s Fahrenheit 451.
- Can you juggle AND solve a Rubik’s cube at the same time? This guy can.
- Table of contents for a new anthology—Aliens: Recent Encounters—edited by Alex Dally MacFarlane.
- The biggest Riddick fan in the world—Vin Diesel—posts the latest picture from Riddick 3 on his Facebook.
- There will be an Evil Dead 4. Sam Raimi is totally on it.
- Are the Game of Thrones props on the way to your town?
- Those Turtle boys are now…Chia Pets?
Doctor Who 50th
- John Barrowman might be in trouble with the BBC for saying stuff “out of context.”
- Freema Agyeman will “not be in the drama” but will be part of some sort of BBCA special.
Stubby the Rocket is the mascot of Tor.com.