Over on Buzzfeed, there’s a fairly rowdy article featuring a ton of the kitschy covers of the 90’s digest, Disney Adventures. The conceit of each of these covers was essentially the same: merge a popular 90’s thing (think Wayne’s World or Urkel) with Disney characters (often from Duck Tales!) The results are wonderful, but this Star Trek: The Next Generation one is our favorite.
Your daily offsite links are full of race cars, lasers, aeroplanes. Basically, it’s a duck blur.
- The “planet” Vulcan, might become a thing.
- Batwoman is getting hitched!
- The real art from the “real” Argo.
- Original Alien storyboards feature more human nudity than final film. (Alien nudity unchanged.)
- Though it still doesn’t make up for what Abrams/Nero did to the original planet; “Vulcan” will probably end up being the name of one of Pluto’s moons.
- Nichoals Briggs will be doing voices for the Doctor Who biopic. Will this docudrama reveal the Daleks are real?
- Steven Spielberg begs someone to let him make Lincoln 2: After the Show!
- Game of Thrones playing cards are like “you win…or you have to ante up again.”
- Batwoman is getting married to a girl! And no one really knew about it?
- Full report on the Star Trek: The Next Generation 10-Year-Reunion celebration, including which Shakespeare characters Patrick Stewart thinks his old cast-mates should play.
- Beautiful Jurassic Park fan art. It’s a DINOSAUR!
- The lost REAL Jack Kirby Argo art has a very Galactus vibe to it.
Stubby the Rocket is the mascot of Tor.com. Stubby thinks you might solve a mystery or rewrite history, but may try and stop you.