For many of us, prom was probably a little like the light-cycle scenes in Tron and Tron: Legacy; full of bright lights, a race careening towards a destination we don’t understand, and somehow all of it was unreal/really a dream. But now you could reclaim those memories by wearing the Tron Prom Dress. (We know this thing isn’t new, but we really, really love it. Look at more pictures here. Also, one Tor.com staffer may or may not have threatened to shave his beard and wear make-up if someone bought him the Tron Prom Dress.)
Your daily offsite links are so off-the-grid, man. Highlights include.
- Hoverboards still don’t work on water. Unless you got power. Or Ebay.
What Lawrence Kasdan has to say about writing
Never Been Kissed 2Star Wars stand-alones.
- Is Downton Abbey like The Walking Dead?
- New pictures of Chris Pine looking deep into Cumberbatch’s eyes from Star Trek Into Darkness.
- The new iWatch is like a James Bond device.
- The Man in the High Castle by Philip K. Dick will be a Syfy channel mini-series.
- Cool Toy Fair action figure reveals include 60’s Batman with surfboard.
- Latest Holly Black book—The Coldest Girl in Coldtown—has a cover reveal and synopsis over on SF Signal.
- Lawrence Kasdan opens up a little about writing the stand-alone Star Wars films.
- All the animated short-films nominated for an Oscar are available to watch online right now.
- What caused the blackout on Revolution? Here are some ideas.
- Strap on! Griff’s hoverboard is on eBay.
- On the subject of light-up dresses: Carrie Underwood was from space at the Grammys.
- The BBC tells an angry Doctor Who fan to calm down already.
- Elizabeth Olsen says new Godzilla is “…actually going to be a very heavy drama.” Has she seen the original?
- Why The Walking Dead is like…Downton Abbey. (According to the show runner of The Walking Dead!)
- If you work at S.H.I.E.L.D. you better check your alien sh*t at the door.
- The Ice Warriors are totally returning to Doctor Who. Are you excited?
Stubby the Rocket is the mascot of Tor.com. Stubby has a Tron-mode which looks beautiful.