In a recent USA Today article Chris Pine has mentioned he’d be “disappointed” if the Star Wars gig for J.J. Abrams meant Star Trek 3 would be directed by someone else. He also went on to say “I think if that turns out to be the case we’ll have to kidnap him and hold him hostage until he agrees to do a third.” And we think the above piece of fan art couldn’t convey Chris Pine’s feeling better. (Art by Bob Theile, via The Mary Sue.)
Your collection of daily offsite links play in all the sandboxes! Highlights include:
- What is a mini-Neptune? We don’t even know.
- Beware the real asteroid!
- Some big people think X-Men: Days of Future Past is going to be fine.
- These superhero PSAs are all pretty wacky.
- Cumberbatch figured out how to be a terrorist for Star Trek Into Darkness role.
- Avengers/Breakfast Club mash-up.
- Wrap your mind around the concept of mini-Neptunes. We dare you.
- Mark Millar gives a big thumbs up to the screenplay of X-Men: Days of Future Past.
- SF Signal attacks the notion of a “Speculative Nightclub”
- Topless Robot takes a look at the best and worst pop culture dinosaurs.
- The Walking Dead meets Punky Brewster, whether you wanted it or not.
- The second in the series of special Doctor Who books has been announced. The Nameless City by Michael Scott!
- An asteroid will totally be passing between us and the moon next Thursday! WHOA.
- Should Lady Catelyn Stark of Game of Thrones be the next Secretary of State? Some people think so.
Stubby the Rocket is the mascot of Tor.com. Stubby has its own sandbox. Filled with hot lava. Stay out of the hot lava!