In response to the news that J.J. Abrams is cheating on them, James Kirk and Spock of Vulcan promptly kidnapped has-been warlord Darth Vader and threw him in the brig of the Starship Enterprise. Kirk and Spock have claimed they will release Vader only if J.J. comes back to them with chocolates, roses, and a mix-tape of their favorite songs, including cool Beastie Boys album tracks.
Your offsite links contain even more universe-destorying madness. Highlights include:
- Glee to Jonathan Coulton: Fuck off.
- One of your favorite filmmakers has seen ghosts.
- An awesome guy name Neil hanging out with an awesome guy named Christopher.
- Do we want or need a sequel to Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon?
- Guillermo del Toro sees dead people.
- Taylor Swift lets down her hair. Is now Rapunzel.
- New web comic about gamer girls: Manic Pixel Dream Girl.
- Weird take-down of George Saunders on Gawker, and then, the AV Club take-down of the take-down.
- Will Brad Bird take on a Buck Rogers movie? Yes, please!
- An image from the RoboCop reboot features a thing that looks like a thing from Iron Man.
- Producers of Glee to Jonathan Coulton: Fuck off.
- There’s now an official webpage dedicated to the 50th anniversary of Doctor Who.
- Daniel Handler (Lemony Snicket) interviewed by Geeks Guide to the Galaxy.
- Massive win: Edward James Olmos performs the original Battlestar Galactica closing narration! (It looks like they almost used this!)
- Zoe Saldana in a Canadian tuxedo.
- Doctor Who: M.C. Escher style.
- Neil deGrasse Tyson hanging out with Christopher Walken. Hell yes.
Stubby the Rocket is the mascot of Tor.com. Stubby can hang onto Vader for a few days if Spock and Kirk get bored.