The most shocking thing about these fan-made Ghostbusters LEGO minifigs is how accurate Venkman’s face is. Who knew you could convey so much snark and awesomeness through a LEGO face? Also, Winston’s moustache is 1984 perfection. (Photo via Ghostbuster Fans of Facebook.)
Highlights of your daily offsite links include:
- The cutesy, picture book version of The Hobbit.
- Who will be chilling out with General Zod.
- Will River Song become Black Canary?
- How does SFF influence your life? SF Signal attacks the question in their latest Mind Meld.
- A first review of Primer director’s new film, Upstream Color.
- From our friends at The Night Gallery, another look at how a new Twilight Zone might work.
- With Alex Kingston joining Arrow, speculation is abound that she’s playing a version of Black Canary!
- Doctor Who may not have the Sixth Doctor in it, according to…the Sixth Doctor.
- All about the faux-Hunger Games TV show; The Selection.
- Nifty illustrated timeline of robots.
- New Sleepy Hollow TV show will be written by Orci & Kurtzman.
- So, General Zod has some cronies in Man of Steel.
- Neil Gaiman curates from The Selected Shorts vault: listen to Stephen Colbert read Bradbury’s “The Veldt” and Leonard Nimoy read Thurber’s “The Catbird Seat.”
- Look! It’s The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey as a Little Golden Book.
Stubby the Rocket is the mascot of Tor.com. Stubby doesn’t like it when you don’t use the magic word.