The shortlist for this year’s BSFA Awards has been announced.
The BSFA Awards are sponsored by the British Science Fiction Association and drawn up from the most popular titles selected by members of the BSFA. Those members join attendees of Eastercon to cast votes on the winners. This year Eastercon 64 will be known as EightSquaredCon, and will take place in Bradford, England, UK from the 29th of March to the 1st of April.
Here are the 2012 nominees.
- Dark Eden by Chris Beckett (Corvus)
- Empty Space: a Haunting by M. John Harrison (Gollancz)
- Intrusion by Ken Macleod (Orbit)
- Jack Glass by Adam Roberts (Gollancz)
- 2312 by Kim Stanley Robinson (Orbit)
Best Short Story:
- “Immersion” by Aliette de Bodard (Clarkesworld #69)
- “The Flight of the Ravens” by Chris Butler (Immersion Press)
- “Song of the body Cartographer” by Rochita Loenen-Ruiz (Phillipines Genre Stories)
- “Limited Edition” by Tim Maughan (1.3, Arc Magazine)
- “Three Moments of an Explosion” by China Mieville (Rejectamentalist Manifesto)
- “Adrift on the Sea of Rains” by Ian Sales (Whippleshield Books)
- Ben Baldwin for the cover of Dark Currents (Newcon Press)
- Blacksheep for the cover of Adam Roberts’ Jack Glass (Gollancz)
- Dominic Harmon for the cover of Eric Brown’s Helix Wars (Rebellion)
- Joey Hifi for the cover of Simon Morden’s Thy Kingdom Come (Jurassic London)
- Si Scott for the cover of Chris Beckett’s Dark Eden (Corvus)
- “The Complexity of the Humble Space Suit” by Karen Burnham (Rocket Science, Mutation Press)
- “The Widening Gyre” by Paul Kincaid (Los Angeles Review of Books)
- The Cambridge Companion to Fantasy Literature by Edward James and Farah Mendlesohn (Cambridge University Press)
- The Shortlist Project by Maureen Kincaid Speller
- The World SF Blog, Chief Editor Lavie Tidhar
Check out the BSFA website for more details.