Carl Sagan would like to remind you that whenever we go to into space, we really should avoid plastering it with tons of giant advertisements. Stubby couldn’t agree more, but would be totally okay with putting giant Carl Sagan billboards up in space.
Highlights of your daily offsite links include:
- Chan is in. Franco is out. (But not of the same thing.)
- How Looper was formed.
- What does “Are you the 1701?” mean?
- Jackie Chan is in The Expendables 3.
- James Franco might not be around to see the Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.
- The 50th anniversary X-Men covers.
- Empire Magazine has a huge map showing everywhere in the world James Bond has traveled.
- Skeletor wants to wish you a Merry Christmas….
- Is Ricky Gervais is going to be in the next Muppet movie?
- Custom “Old Man” Han Solo action figure sort of makes him look like that guy from the Dos Equis ads.
- Special preview on io9 of The Unwritten #44.
- These four sketches eventually became Looper.
Star Trek Into Darkness
- There’s a hidden message in the new Star Trek trailer which takes you to this website. Are you the 1701?
- J.J. Abrams didn’t want to do Star Trek Into Darkness in 3D, but now he’s okay with it.
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot of Tor.com. Stubby wishes there were more Carl Sagan-branded objects.