We saw this guy over on Geek Tyrant and pretty much wish he was totally a real hero. We could use you, sir! Also, we would probably pay to see a movie about you. How did this come about? And why aren’t there more plot lines like this in genre fiction? (Tuvix anyone? Tuvix?)
Your daily offsite links are here to rescue your Monday. Highlights include.
- A rundown of various Hobbit reactions.
- Is the universe real?
- The Walking Dead gets retro.
- Full report on Den of Geek! from the recent Star Trek Into Darkness press conference.
- Will the Dream Lord return on Doctor Who?
- Speaking of the Dream Lord; is the entire universe in our heads? A computer simulation. Don’t worry, some physicists are doing the science version of pinching themselves to find out.
- You know what you miss? Willow. Don’t worry, it comes out on Blu-Ray next year.
- The Walking Dead will re-run its first two seasons in BLACK AND WHITE.
- Well-known SF (and tie-in) author Greg Cox chats with SF Signal.
- John Barrowman talks about being on Arrow.
- The Onion reveals an alternate version of The Hobbit.
- Vulture’s take on the frame-rate situation.
- A bunch of beautiful concept art from the movie.
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot of Tor.com. Stubby was once half-rocket and half submarine.