From the excellent LOTR Project comes the cheat sheet you really do need before The Hobbit comes out this weekend. Seriously, we’re planning on memorizing this before we head to the theatre Thursday at midnight. (via The Mary Sue.)
Highlights of your daily offsite links include more handy pieces of geeky information.
- Can you read the whole of The Hobbit during The Hobbit movie?
- On John Harrison.
- Gandalf’s magic street cred.
- Matt Smith makes noises about leaving Doctor Who at some point after 2013.
- These near-children will be the new young leads in Transformers 4.
- New (and possibly last) TV spot for The Hobbit.
- Supposedly, the Discovery Channel is sitting on the first ever video footage of a giant squid, which they’ll reveal in 2013.
- New Harry Potter footage is not a new movie. Will be used at a Harry Potter theme park situation.
- More of the new blue-inside of the TARDIS.
- Wait. Was a bunny rabbit from the Star Wars Marvel comic books just on The Clone Wars?
- Ian McKellen has cancer...but he’s totally okay.
- Doctor Who cupcakes are amazing.
- How much of The Hobbit can you read during the first film in The Hobbit Trilogy? All of it?
- Original Star Wars characters talk about new Star Wars movies in this cute web comic.
- Things to be worried about instead of the Mayan apocalypse.
Star Trek Into Darkness
Gandalf as Street Magician (Via College Humor)
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot of Tor.com. Stubby is really good at magic. Particularly at making cookies disappear.