Over on Geek-Art.net, there’s this nice piece of fan art from Franco Brambilla of what appears to be Ultraman riding an AT-AT. Looks like Vader is down there watching, too. We love it, and it seems oddly fitting for the approaching holiday season. (More fun art on Geek-Art.net. What does the rodeo clown of this scenario look like?)
Highlights of your daily offsite include:
- Pick your favorite crazy Star Wars rumor.
- All about Ender’s Game.
- The Doctor Who snowmen are coming, they’re coming, they’re coming.
- The Rumpus interviews Nanette Vonnegut.
- Ender’s Game plot synopsis has been revealed, and it sounds faithful to the book.
- Banana Bane will break you.
- The Mary Sue points out that Lion’s Gate had two movies this year make over 125 million dollars; both with female leads.
- Special effects make Gandalf cry.
- George R.R. Martin doesn’t understand what J.K. Rowling is all about.
- Chris Pine is like “what the hell is going on?”
- Calm down. Z-Quints is not quitting Spock anytime soon.
- IDW will do their version of “Mirror, Mirror.”
- Will Lando return for Star Wars: Episode VII? (And will he be played by Jaden Smith? Okay, we made that last part up.)
- Just because Carrie Fisher is saying she’ll come back for Star Wars, doesn’t mean she will. Got it?
- There is a weird rumor that indie director Colin Trevorrow might direct Episode VII.
- And Brad Bird is definitely NOT directing it.
- Will the episode VII release date be 7/17/2015? Will there even be 17 days in July that year?
- Not actually new news, but were you aware what happened to N’a-kee-tula’s planet? (You guys, Padme tried!)
- More promo pics from “The Snowmen.”
- Here’s the full trailer for the new Who Christmas Special titled “The Snowmen.”
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot of Tor.com. Stubby was once, undignified, and entered willingly into a rocket rodeo. The memories still burn.