Over on The Daily What, we spotted one of the more heartwarming mash-ups out there: “Stark and Recreation” featuring Aziz Ansari’s Tom Haverford as Iron Man! Imagine the wisecracks if Tony Stark and Tom truly were one creature.
Highlights of your offsite links include:
- Lots of buzz in response to Star Wars news.
- Captain Janeway drops the mic.
- A look at this year’s best DIY Halloween.
- SF Signal looks forward to the best reads of November.
- 8 great literary heroines of horror!
- Great look at how Dark Shadows made supernatural hip on TV.
- Boing Boing has a slew of great DIY Halloween costumes.
- Kate Mulgrew claims Janeway and Picard were the only “real” captains.
- Jeremy Renner and Anne Hathaway will host SNL.
- Bryan Singer is directing the X-Men again. Good news?
- More insane Hobbit-related things from New Zealand airlines.
- Here’s the first image of The Wicked Witch of the West from Oz the Great and Powerful.
- The most important people in all of Star Wars—Ahmed Best and Peter Mayhew—have opinions about the Disney/Lusasfilm thing.
- The full conference call in which Lucasfilm bought Disney.
- Video of Lucas explaining what he’s thinking.
- Vulture has 7 burning questions about Episode VII.
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot of Tor.com. Stubby would party with Iron Haverford anytime.