Because New Zealand is the real-world location of Middle-earth, it makes sense that there are lots of Tolkien-related attractions. We’re not too sure about this giant Gollum in the airport, however. I mean, what makes you feel more safe when boarding an airplane than riddles in the dark? (news via Geekologie)
Highlights of your other offsite links include:
- Lots of Doctor Who/Russell T. Davies news.
- The craziest name-change ever.
- A different kind of Amazing Spider-Man.
- Russell T. Davies wanted to do a self-drawn Doctor Who graphic novel, but no. Also, he will not be involved with the 50th anniversary special.
- Matt Smith wants John Simm’s Master to return to Doctor Who.
- Wait, what? Russell T. Davies is saying Torchwood is NOT cancelled?
- Artist Denis Medhr takes the Justice League heroes to the wild west.
- A woman has changed her name to include several different Bond Girl names. Would you want to be known as Miss Moneypenny?
- Hardcore Real Ghostbusters art.
- All about the plans to save the Enterprise-D bridge.
- SF Signal Signal Podcast featuring Connie Willis, Cherie Priest and more.
- JMS talks to Ain’t it Cool about Superman: Earth 1
- All the Amazing Spider-Man deleted scenes.
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot of Tor.com. Stubby is a little confused why Stubby’s visage isn’t in every airport/spaceport in the world.