One thing L.A. has on New York City is their ability to have space shuttles cruise down the street. We’re pretty sad we weren’t on the west coast to see this. (We came close!) Also, Stubby the Rocket loves Sizzler and would have totally had a date with Endeavour there. (Photo via Nerdcore)
Your offsite links are on a roll. Highlights include:
- Will the Nolans return to DC?
- What Hugo Weaving does and does not care about.
- The most adorable NYCC cosplay. Period.
- Jonathan Nolan says he wants to do another DC superhero.
- What Ciri says Star Wars is about.
- These incompetent background characters have actually made these movies possible.
- Red Letter Media takes a hilarious look at Prometheus on DVD.
- My Little Prometheus.
- Matt Smith and Steven Moffat get their hands in cement.
- Meesa a saint-a now! Weird Star Wars art makes Jar-Jar into a religious icon. Whoopsee!
- One of the two all-female Expendables is really called Expendababelles.
- Super-hero and sci-fi fantasy pumpkins.
- Great piece in The Atlantic on unfilmable books and Cloud Atlas.
- Brannon Braga talks to Star Trek.com about his upcoming projects, including Cosmos!
- Hugo Weaving doesn’t care about Megatron, is confused about The Hobbit.
- Trailer for the animated Heroes United featuring the Hulk and Iron Man.
- New Masters of the Universe “movie” to be “re-written.”
- SF Signal takes a look at A Natural History of Dragons.
- R2-D2 & C-3PO in their Halloween costumes.
- New set photos from Catching Fire!
- Deadpool/Moby Dick mash-up.
- There are a bunch of early reviews of Skyfall out there!
- Now your heart will melt. Tiny 10th Doctor and tiny Oswin from NYCC 2012 (Via The Mary Sue)
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot of Tor.com and makes amazing soufflés. Bite your head off, man.