If you live in New Zealand, you’re keenly aware that it’s also Middle-earth! In honor of the impending release of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey—and with Tolkien fever back in full swing—actual New Zealand currency will feature Bilbo Baggins. Now that’s my precious. (News via The Telegraph.)
The rest of your offsite links contain no riddles, also not in the dark. Highlights include:
- What makes a hero?
- Incoming Doctor Who spoilers.
- Find out if you are in love with an alien or what, already.
- What’s the difference between a hero and a protagonist? SF Signal discusses.
- The original ending of the Little Shop of Horrors movie has emerged, restored and in color.
- New plot details for upcoming Doctor Who episodes! Complete with dialogue! SPOILERS.
- Are you in love with an alien?
- New classic Battlestar Galactica comic book coming from Dynamite.
- The A.V. Club takes another look at Prince’s Batman soundtrack and loves it!
- Brent Spiner does an impression of Patrick Stewart.
- Roberto Orci to Star Trek fans: chill out.
- Facehuggers were in the first draft of Prometheus.
- Cool fake arcade commercial for Wreck-It Ralph.
- Remember when Superman was President of the United States in 1969? Neither does he.
- BBC America has a pretty limited edition box set of Doctor Who that you must see!
- “Hey Ash, Whatcha Playin” does Batman.
- Dinosaur people from the Jurassic Park 4 that never were.
- The SpaceX Dragon capsule has dropped off some stuff at the ISS.
- Lone Star returns:
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot of Tor.com. Stubby can’t remember what the deal is with Hobbit gold. Does it disappear or what?