Jón Gnarr Kristinsson is the mayor of Reykjavík, which is a the capital city of Iceland. He recently showed up to the Reykjavík International Film Festival as Obi-Wan Kenobi. But he’s cosplayed before! He also marched in his city’s Gay Pride Parade dressed as a member of Pussy Riot. We saw this on io9, thought it was amazing, and immediately wished our mayor was doing something fun instead of banning soda for no reason.
The rest of your daily offsite links are not dressed up as anything, but they still love you.
- Lots of Doctor Who stuff.
- Hipster Disney Princesses.
- Listen to the first part of the new 007 Adele song.
- Man of Steel screenwriter David S. Goyer talks about his naturalistic writing angle.
- These winter storms all have nerdy names.
- Michael Dorn and Ron Moore separately talk about how Star Trek could return to television.
- Ways high school can make you hate reading.
- Xena and Gabrielle as Batman and Robin.
- Oh boy! Andrew Garfield will be back as Spider-Man.
- Karen Gillan tells Jenna-Louise Coleman not to Google herself.
- Hipster Disney Princesses sing about being what they are.
- Interview with author Nicole Galland on The Mongoliad.
- Here’s the first minute and a half of the new Adele song for Skyfall called “Skyfall.”
Four-year-old Lindalee’s most recent Doctor Who review.
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot of Tor.com. Stubby offered to help Adele sing “Skyfall” but didn’t get a call back.