In what will be a world record, an
Australian Austrian skydiver named Felix Baumgartner will skydive from 23 miles in the air. He will break the sound barrier while doing this! Though he’s not technically in space, this seems very similar to the orbital jump(s) from Star Trek. Good luck Felix! (news via BuzzFeed)
Jump into your week with more offsite links! Highlights include:
- Star Trek: TNG turned 25. How much do you know about it?
- The real danger of time travel is confronting baldness.
- Everyone make the Tauntaun sound. Now.
- Bleeding Cool’s New York Comic Con trailer.
- Look! A Tauntaun Hobby Horse. Yackle-gackle.
- First minutes of Cloud Atlas revealed!
- Looper parody on Funny or Die is all about baldness.
- Blastr’s 25 things you might not know about Star Trek: TNG.
- Real Fighter 2 is the fighting game you’ve been waiting for.
- Look: a real-life flying motorcycle!
- Do you need these tear-off, cardboard USB drives? Probably.
- Geek Tyrant calls these Star Trek hoodies “rad.” Are they?
- 10 depressing moments when Doctor Who companions left!
- Wait. So the Ninja Turtles are taking cues from Ali G. now?
- Producer Kathleen Kennedy talks Jurassic Park 4.
- From The Onion: Man Dressed as Snape for new J.K. Rowling book launch.
- New Superman #0 tells Jor-El’s tale!
- Lucy Liu talks to Vulture about Sherlock stuff.
- Martin Freeman just joined Edgar Wright’s The World’s End.
- This Klingon version of “Gangnam Style” is pretty cute and pretty thorough. Our favorite are the guys who get into a fight over the the 3-D chess match.
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot of Tor.com. Stubby can’t skydive on account of being a rocket. It’s weird how being awesome has its limitations sometimes.