Did you know that the Jimi Hendrix version of “All Along the Watchtower” was actually connected with robots and space travel? It’s not really, but that didn’t stop Leonard Nimoy from hanging out with Hendrix in 1969. Fascinating.
Highlights of your offsite links include:
- The bizzaro Cameron Jurassic Park that never was.
- Cat people make good writers.
- Walter Koenig got his star. Star Trek people beamed down to celebrate.
- J.R.R. Tolkien reads a poem in Elvish!
- Ant-Man test footage is coming.
- Authors inspired by their cats.
- Michelle Obama as Wonder Woman.
- On childlike wonder and WorldCon.
- Topless Robot counts down 10 nerdy Canadians.
- There’s an alternate universe where James Cameron did Jurassic Park. Scary!
- io9’s best zombie movies list.
- Michael Bay threatens everyone with “ideas” for Transformers 4.
- Will Thor: The Dark World kill off a major character?
- Pirates of the Caribbean 5 wants to tell you what it might be about.
- A bunch of Star Trek people showed up to celebrate Walter Koenig getting a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
Stubby the Rocket is the mascot of Tor.com. Stubby knows there must be some kind of way out of here.