Crossovers and mashups are all the rage, and some might argue, a little played out. But seriously, how long would it take for the Doctor to sort out Westeros’ problems? It seems like his biggest obstacle would be the fact that the sonic screwdriver doesn’t do wood.
Highlights of your daily offsite links include:
- Bane Mumblegate post-mortem
- Star Trek/Mars Rover throw-down between Wheaton and Shatner
- What will they call The Hobbit 3?
- Why not everyone can be the GD Batman.
- Steven Moffat makes it very clear that there will not be a rebooted/separate Doctor Who movie on his watch.
- Here are the possible names for The Hobbit 3.
- 10 impending SFF remakes and why they might be okay.
- Big interview with Kim Stanley Robinson over on SF Signal.
- BuzzFeed’s 10 most Badass Animated Characters.
- A new Masters of the Universe movie might actually have a director.
- Bane Mumblegate comparison.
- A Return of the Jedi Lego Chess set. Very cool.
- Very moving images of Aurora shooting victims in Batman shirts.
- Wil Wheaton and William Shatner are fighting over who gets to narrate the new Mars Rover mission.
- Trailer for season 5 of Merlin.
- Was there a UFO at the Olympics?
- The feasts of vegetarian dinosaurs.
- That credits scene from The Avengers is now online.
Stubby the Rocket is the mascot of Tor.com. Stubby has a throne inside of it now. Thrones are cool.