The San Diego Comic Con weekend may be over, but that doesn’t mean you can’t catch up on all that you missed. Check out our links below the cut for all the stories that may have flown under the radar. Note: Nothing will quite top this guy dressed as Slave Leia.
- Peter Jackson’s shocking Hobbit plans
- The Universe gets a Twitter account
- What’s next for Inspector Spacetime fandom
- PW polled readers to determine the most beloved Stephen King books of all time.
- A time-traveling Lincoln came to support Obama recently.
- The Universe gets its own Twitter account.
- All about a nearby super-sized solar system.
- Bruce Boxleitner wants you to get behind this new steampunk TV series.
San Diego Comic Con 2012 Highlights Round-up
- Phil Plait’s Bad Astronomy panel looked at science fiction left on the cutting room floor.
- Buck Rogers will return in comic book form.
- The first poster for Edgar Wright’s The World’s End was revealed.
- More details from Skyfall emerged after the first trailer was screened. (It includes the first footage of “Q.”.)
- Doctor Who will have “dinosaurs on a spaceship”
- Peter Jackson screened some of the first Hobbit movie, showing the scene where Bilbo meets Gollum.
- Peter Jackson also went insane and declared that The Hobbit should be a trilogy.
- Here are first impressions of The Man of Steel footage plus a complete breakdown of what was shown.
- Lindelof commented on Star Trek 2 titles (The search for no colon!)
- Probably the best photos from SDCC via EW
- Promo footage from Shyamalan’s After Earth
- Poster for the new Godzilla.
- Here’s a clip from Avengers short film Item 47
Stubby the Rocket is the mascot of Tor.com. Stubby is really let down that no one cosplayed as Stubby the Rocket.