Princess Leia will be taking to the skies as an X-Wing pilot in a new Star Wars comic book. We saw this wonderful image on The Mary Sue and were shocked that it wasn’t the cover of this new series, but instead comes from artist Adam Hughes (responsible for the awesome cover for last year’s Batgirl #1) In anycase, we think it’s about the most inspiring thing we’ve seen in ages.
The rest of your daily offsite links will inspire you, catch up on nerd news and more.
- News from SDCC, including The Hobbit and Elysium
- First shot of Bond’s new “Q”
- A real robot, who can really skip stones.
- More details on new Star Wars comic series will feature Leia as an X-Wing pilot. (But not with that cover, sadly)
- The Hobbit footage will not be shown in 3D at comic con.
- JMS has tons of new projects: including an MTV web series, a collaboration with Will Smith and more,
- Bill Murray has started a nation-wide thing in which he’s just going to crash your party.
- Bizarre: new version of The Sims traps people in their economic class. Forever.
- The Onion imagines Christopher Nolan has lost his mind and made a very different kind of Batman.
- Here’s what happened when Han Solo’s eyesite actually came back for real.
- Really interesting short film made only from actual NASA footage.
- A look at Elysium‘s spaceship/space station from SDCC.
- First new Robocop teaser poster is here.
- This robot can skip stones.
- AV Club reviews Ice Age 4. Reviewer loses mind.
- First shot of Ben Winshaw as “Q” in Skyfall.
Stubby the Rocket is the mascot of Tor.com. Stubby knows a few maneuvers.