In honor of Silver Age comics, we present to you: 60’s Robin (circa Adam West Batman) and the Dark Knight versus Bane. Enjoy.
Variety (yes, yes, we know. Of all the gaming sources…) reports that Rocksteady’s next Batman game will depart from the dark, Nolan-esque stylings of the fantastic Arkham Asylum and Arkham City, and instead revisit DC’s lighter, somewhat goofier Silver Age comics for their next project, perhaps even recounting Batman’s very first encounter with Joker. Word is we can expect Batman’s various other DC compatriots, circa the Justice League, to appear in this game, as well.
Do you think this news might possibly have anything to do with Warner Bros. raising Justice League awareness for oh, we don’t know a potentially upcoming Justice League movie, perhaps?
In other gaming news this week, Spartacus becomes a game, God of War becomes a movie, the Assassin’s Creed movie nabs Michael Fassbender, Trent Reznor scores Black Ops 2, Contra gets a reboot, and more.
- If you’re a fan of Starz’ violent, sexy Spartacus series, and are curious about living the gladiator lifestyle, Ubisoft has just announced that they’ll be making a video game based on the show. The game takes players all the way from the training grounds of the ludus onto the sands of the arena. Our very own live reporter at Comic-Con, Ms. Theresa DeLucci, reports the game plays very much like a higher-budget version of Deadliest Warrior at this point, so keep your expectations tempered for now.
- God of War is hitting Hollywood (yay!) but is being penned by the writers of the Saw sequels. (/facepalm).
- Variety (twice in one roundup!) reveals that Michael Fassbender will take on the lead role in the upcoming Assassin’s Creed movie. IGN tells us why he is a worthy choice (in case you didn’t already know).
- Trent Reznor, avid video gamer and NIN lead, will be scoring Black Ops 2 (his reportoire also apparently includes a mean David Schwimmer impersonation the article picture is any indication). Reznor’s prior forays into video gaming include work on the Quake and Doom 3 soundtracks.
- Following the success of Halo: Anniversary, Microsoft and Bungie are exploring the possibility of an HD Halo 2 remake, creatively (and tentatively, to be fair) entitled Halo 2: Anniversary.
- Want to relive the days of GTA 2? Hotline Miami is going retro, giving you all the 8-bit violence you can handle as you take on the role of a serial killer. Loving the tunes in the trailer.
- Contra reboot? Did someone say “Contra reboot”? Yes. Yes, someone did.
- Rockstar Vancouver, developer of Bully and Max Payne 3, has been shut down and merged into Rockstar Toronto. Note cushioning PR-speak in the press release.
- Finally, Blizzard Entertainment turned 20 recently. Relive memories via their 20th Anniversary Timeline, which details their journey from superheroes through to Starcraft, Warcraft, and Diablo.