Over the weekend, China launched i’s first woman into space. Her name is Liu Yang and she is a taikonaut (the chinese term for astronaut)! There’s also been word from an old space probe friend named Voyager 1. And, of course, pressing issues about the Ninja Turtles too. Welcome to your week.
Today’s highlights include:
- Details on Liu Yang’s flight.
- Ninja Turtles are totally cancelled.
- Interstellar space has been reached!
[Photo of Liu Yang via Time]
Every day Stubby the Rocket jets around the internet looking for links of interest. When Stubby finds these links, they get put in our handy Links of Interest section and sometimes on our Twitter and Facebook! Here’s today’s selection:
- Go Liu! Details on the historic launch of China’s first woman in space.
- Snow Crash to be adpated into a film by Attack of the Block’s Joe Cornish .
- A picture of an older Engineer who was to originally to appear in Prometheus.
- Lara Pulver would be excited to play the first female Doctor, but is a little afraid of Doctor Who fans.
- Adorable Optimus Prime knit-cap.
- Ninja Turtle movie not happening after all.
- The various emotional states of Jean-Luc Picard captured on a t-shirt.
- Star Trek: TNG Pez is coming.
- Voyager 1 has become the first Earth-made object to reach interstellar space!
- Dresses designed in the style of Avenger’s costumes
- Look at this cute MST3K necklace. (And other nerdy ETSY items from the same seller!)
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot of Tor.com. Stubby waved to Liu this morning from high orbit.