When will another pop star like Sting appear in a science fiction epic? Was Chris Martin of Coldplay somehow screwed out of a part in Prometheus? I mean, we already know Justin Timberlake has tried sci-fi, but it didn’t seem to take.
In the meantime, we’re enjoying thinking Paul and Feyd doing some dancing.
Today’s highlights include:
- Will a theatrical release of a director’s cut of The Avengers happen this year?
- Robocop new evil actor revealed!
- Which sci-fi book series are still going strong after ten years?
Spice Side Story from Set Phasers toLOL.
Every day Stubby the Rocket jets around the internet looking for links of interest. When Stubby finds these links, they get put in our handy Links of Interest section and sometimes on our Twitter and Facebook! Here’s today’s selection:
- Great list from The Mary Sue about SFF Dads who are heroes.
- If you’ve been missing The Power Rangers, don’t worry, the whole show is coming to DVD is a giant box set.
- The actor to play the new Robocop baddie has been revealed! (You’ve heard of him)
- The Ghostbusters rendered as Super Mario Bros characters.
- Lev Grossman takes a fresh look at Larry Niven’s Ringworld.
- What!? There was a little baby running around the Reliant in The Wrath of Khan?
- A directors cut of The Avengers may be coming to theatres before the end of the year.
- Great piece on SFF book series which are over a decade old, but still going!
- There might be more Earth-like planets in the Milky Way than intially believed
- The director of Brave talks to io9 about why Merida is different.
- Awesome NYT article on the evolution of a T-Rex skull into a falcon skull.
- All about the hoodie that makes you look like an armored knight.
- Superman and Batman have some words with The Avengers about what actually happened in the movie.
Finally, did they say “Engage!” a lot in the first season of Star Trek: TNG? Well, here’s the last 10 seconds of every episode from that season.
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot of Tor.com. Stubby isn’t a Jet or a Shark. Stubby is a Rocket. Duh.