This nifty Doctor Who/Ocean’s Eleven mashup shirt from Ript Apparel makes us think a sci-fi heist movie would be awesome. It involves Patrick Stewart leading a cast of famous sci-fi actors to rip off a space ship. He and Richard Dean Anderson, Edward James Olmos, Michael Ironside, Anthony Daniels, and Nathan Fillion, plot to steal a space shuttle from a museum or something. And Christopher Lambert could maybe be in it too? Please?
Your offsite links are about to hustle you.
Today’s highlights include:
- The full Elementary trailer is here. Make your own judgement.
- Bill Murray as The Human Torch.
- New Lemony Snicket chapter.
- Vader as a… Raven.
Every day Stubby the Rocket jets around the internet looking for links of interest. When Stubby finds these links, they get put in our handy Links of Interest section and sometimes on our Twitter and Facebook! Here’s today’s selection:
- Got science fiction poetry? Here’s a new free-to-enter poetry contest.
- Jules Verne and Edgar Allan Poe inspired each other, resulting in two books.
- The International Space Station will get to watch The Avengers.
- Listen to Bill Murray play The Human Torch in 1975.
- The cinnamon challenge as performed by Arya Stark.
- All hands on deck for Kick-Ass 2 movie.
- Lightspeed’s June issue marks a 2-year milestone for the publication.
- Shockingly bad full trailer for Elementary has been released.
- Cumberbatch was recently given career advice from Brent Spiner.
- First chapter from new Lemony Snicket book over on EW.
- Star Wars:1313 NOT a Boba Fett movie. Actually a video game.
- Coming soon to a theatre near you in July… Star Trek: The Next Generation.
- Darth Vader is a Raven (from Retro Star Wars on Facebook, artist unknown)
Stubby the Rocket is the mascot of Tor.com. Stubby has a great poker face. Is bad at poker.