The Dragon has landed! What will SpaceX call their next ship? We’re hoping for Myfanwy. Or maybe Falkor? Yeah. Falkor it is. SpaceX, you listening?
Your offsite links are splashing down.
Today’s highlights include:
- New set pics from Doctor Who! New costume for Matt Smith?
- The new Planet of of the Apes movie has a title.
- Fraggel Rock movie is coming.
Every day Stubby the Rocket jets around the internet looking for links of interest. When Stubby finds these links, they get put in our handy Links of Interest section and sometimes on our Twitter and Facebook! Here’s today’s selection:
- The SpaceX Dragon capsule has splashed down.
- New Apes film will be called Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.
- Fraggel Rock movie is happening. To be written by screenwriter of Rango.
- Insane Cosplay video set to Jon Bon Jovi’s “It’s My Life” features Lip-Synching.
- Dirk Gently TV show is totally cancelled.
- After Cloud Atlas the Wachowskis are doing a movie called Jupiter Ascending. This is what it’s about.
- A very Minecraft wedding.
- Trailer for science fiction film about advertising called Branded.
- io9’s take on The New Yorker’s science ficiton issue.
- Next issue of The Amazing Spider-Man will feature Peter Park getting chomped by the Lizard.
- Wendy and Brian Froud got married in 1980, yesterday.
- Ben Burt talks to Wired about Forbidden Planet.
- Tons of new set pics from Doctor Who. Plus the name of Jenna-Louise Coleman’s character! (via The Mary Sue)
Stubby the Rocket is the mascot of Tor.com. If Stubby ever had a little capsule he’d name it Colin Creevey.