We really hope if a REAL Tetris: The Movie ever hit the screens that it would feature someone being able to move the giant Tetris blocks with their mind in the style of Tony Stark or Tom Cruise in Minority Report. We also hope a movie based on Rampage will feature giant monsters destroying buildings, BUT WITH NO NARRATIVE EXPLANATION. This would cause the game to actually make more sense than the film, which would blow peoples’ minds.
Your offsite links are only based on the game of Life.
[Tetris trailer via Warialasky]
- A big name joins Robocop remake.
- Win a box of weird!
- Are SF authors slacking off?
Every day Stubby the Rocket jets around the internet looking for links of interest. When Stubby finds these links, they get put in our handy Links of Interest section and sometimes on our Twitter and Facebook! Here’s today’s selection:
- Gary Oldman will be in the Robocop remake.
- G.I. Joe 2 has oddly been moved back to 2013. (It was supposed to be out next month!)
- All 570 issues of The Avengers in one giant image.
- Take a picture of yourself reacting to a WEIRD story, and win a box of weird!
- SF Signal wonders if science fiction authors are slacking off lately.
- Elizabeth Moon suggests a barcode implant for everyone.
- Nicholas Meyer notices Sherlock shout-out. Approves.
- Adorable/insane ad for Phoenix Comic Con.
- Jenna-Louise Coleman has started filming Doctor Who.
- A brief history of Star Trek comic book crossovers
- The 20 “lamest looking” Star Trek aliens according to Topless Robot.
- Wesley Snipes as La Forge and other things that might have happened.
- The real Lars homestead needs help!
- The 35th birthday of Star Wars is coming. Here’s some noted directors weighing in.
Stubby the Rocket is the mascot of Tor.com. Stubby is bad at Tetris but great at smack-talking during Rampage. Or Mario Kart 64.