Listen. It’s entirely possible the aliens in Alien are allegric to cats. Jones totally lives through the entire ordeal on the Nostromo, and the xenomorph bats away the little cage Jones is in that one scene. So. Maybe Jones saved the day. (Don’t think about this too hard or it won’t be fun anymore.)
Your offsite links will create nerdy rumors you have heard only in your mind.
(Image with Ripley and Jones from this neat article on io9)
- Does Cumberbatch live close to Robert Downey Jr.? Well…
- The truth about Disney’s shared universe.
- Nimoy is out and about.
Every day Stubby the Rocket jets around the internet looking for links of interest. When Stubby finds these links, they get put in our handy Links of Interest section and sometimes on our Twitter and Facebook! Here’s today’s selection:
- Are you ready for the full-blown spoof movie The Starving Games from the same people who did Scary Movie? Trick question. No one is.
- If you don’t have a ring-bearer for your wedding, you may as well get a robot that used to search for bombs. These people did.
- So Cumberbatch and Downey Jr. are sort of, kind of neighbors in real life.
- 10 things in every single Tim Burton movie.
- As it turns out, Disney is a shared universe. That’s right, Bambi’s mom was shot by Travis from Old Yeller
- The World’s End from Pegg and Wright is coming.
- The actual high school yearbook for Maurice Sendak accurately predicted his greatness.
- This history and present state of the fairy tale on TV: An article by Alethea Kontis over on Clarkesworld.
- You can hire a very scary clown to freak out your children. Because, hey, everyone loves scary clowns.
- The perils and pleasures of being a book reviewer by Lev Grossman.
- The next version of Pinocchio will be co-directed by Guillermo del Toro and Mark Gustafson. And in 3-D. And stop motion.
- Nimoy says he’s really, really NOT in the new Star Trek. Honest. He was just visiting the set.
- Fringe is ending and Nimoy is back to lord over everything.
Stubby the Rocket is the mascot of Tor.com. Stubby the Rocket has six cats all named Jones, all posistioned at key airlocks to keep bad aliens out. (Most of them are napping.)