We’re still tallying up the results of our recent poll regarding which object our readers would prefer: a lightsaber, a phaser, or a proton pack. But this little infographic we found here might tip the scales in one direction or another. Also, we’d like to let you know that there’s a piñata at the top of the post, and somehow, a piñata the bottom.
Friday’s offsite links are like candy.
- Odd occurances of Disney around the net.
- People being “tricked” into reading science fiction.
- Which Batman do you want at your birthday party?
Every day Stubby the Rocket jets around the internet looking for links of interest. When Stubby finds these links, they get put in our handy Links of Interest section and sometimes on our Twitter and Facebook! Sometimes Stubby creates an extra section in Morning Roundup for the stuff Stubby knows you crave. Here’s today’s selection:
- Tim Burton claims Dark Shadows is NOT a comedy.
- Neil deGrasse Tyson plays “Bullsh*t or No Bullsh*t” on The Daily Show.
- New press conference in full for The Avengers.
- Someone spotted a Beauty and the Beast homage in The Hunger Games movie.
- io9 has some music recomendations for sci-fi fans. A lot, actually.
- More music! Brian Francis Slattery talks about end of the world music for Clarkesworld.
- New article on Kirkus Reviews wonders if people can be “tricked” into reading science fiction.
- The man behind the roars in The Lion King.
The Force is Strong With the Internet
- New ad for Star Wars Kinect features Chris Pratt being cute.
- We found the lightsaber uses thing here.
- Make sure you get the right Batman for the birthday party:
Stubby the Rocket is the mascot of Tor.com. Stubby knows where Rachel is.