The idea of Game of Thrones mashing up with Tron is awesome for Tron, but maybe not so awesome for Game of Thrones. Would the Dude have a place in Westeros? Do they even have the right ingredients to make a White Russian? Further, there are no sunglasses. Though one thing is for sure, there is at least one member of the Tor.com staff who would love to see Bruce Boxleitner on Game of Thrones.
Your offsite links fight for the users.
- Bane breaks…something…
- Picard/Kamin’s wife on Kataan returns.
- Why don’t we lightsaber it in the road?
Every day Stubby the Rocket jets around the internet looking for links of interest. When Stubby finds these links, they get put in our handy Links of Interest section and sometimes on our Twitter and Facebook! Sometimes Stubby creates an extra section in Morning Roundup for the stuff Stubby knows you crave. Here’s today’s selection:
- Which part of Batman is Bane going to break?
- Possible very big Doctor Who spoiler
- Shakespeare changed your life, even if you didn’t know it.
- These are your 2011 nominees for the Shirely Jackson Awards.
- Book People unite for RIF.
- Snoop Dogg explains science in even more diagrams.
- Totally freaky/wonderful mechanical sculptures of Tim Lewis.
- Lemony Snicket tells us what he does best: read.
- King Kong sequel in the form of an app.
- Mark Hamill had a weird dream before he was Luke about “sky-walking.” Or did he?
- The Beatles with lightsabers: (Via Retro Star Wars on Facebook)
Star Trek Sensor Sweep
- Bryan Fuller is hoping to, really, really do a Star Trek TV series in 2013.
- Morgan Gendel’s Part 2 of “The Outer Light” (sequel to “The Inner Light”) is up on TrekMovie.
Stubby the Rocket is the mascot of Tor.com. Stubby is just as persistent as Tron (the person) and also better.