If you need any more evidence of the fact you’re living in FUTURE WORLD 2012, then we offer the above: a hologram of the late Tupac Shakur performing live with Snoop Dogg at Coachella. Not only does the Tupac hologram have the ability to rap, but also he clearly has also already perfected the mobile emitter technology, which the holographic Doctor from Voyager had to steal from the future. It’s on: holograms are the new pop stars. Deal with it.
In addition to the coming hologram revolution, we’ve rounded up a bevy of offsite links for your Tuesday morning pleasure.
- Who got the Eleventh Doctor into acting
- A great interview between Mary Robinette Kowal and Patrick Rothfuss
- A promising alternate cover for Lev Grossman’s The Magicians
Every day Stubby the Rocket jets around the internet looking for links of interest. When Stubby finds these links, they get put in our handy Links of Interest section and sometimes on our Twitter and Facebook! Sometimes Stubby creates an extra section in Morning Roundup for the stuff Stubby knows you crave. Here’s today’s selection:
- Here’s the whole video of Snoop performing with the Tupac hologram at Coachella.
- Over on his blog, Patrick Rothfuss chats with Mary Robinette Kowal.
- Laser Cats 7 is directed by Steven Spielberg.
- All about Matt Smith’s sister, and how she got him involved with acting.
- This giant coffee table is also a giant classic NES controller.
- J.K. Rowling is officially working on the Harry Potter Encyclopedia. For real this time.
- Buzzfeed tells us the ways the Earth might actually end this year.
- Insert latest Bill Murray Ghostbusters 3 rumor here.
- We wish you Ka’plah when applying for this scholarship.
- The producers of Brave talks Pixar now and then.
- The TARDIS transforms into the Doctor in this Doctor Who/Transformers mashup. (But shouldn’t it be a robot Idris?)
- Han Solo’s to-do list.
Stubby the Rocket is the mascot of Tor.com. So if Tupac lives again, can a Beatles reunion be far behind?