DeviantArt user Dynamaito mocked up the above image of a fighter video game based on A Game of Thrones. The game doesn’t actually exist, but maybe if we wish hard enough it will be! What would the game be like? Would Jon Snow always be flipping his hair out of his eyes? Would Tyrion’s quips induce actual damage? Could you unlock George R. R. Martin as a playable character?
Think about this while reading some offsite links. Highlights of which include:
- Firefly will never return.
- Donald Glover will be [in] Spider-Man after all!
- 17 actors that have played multiple genre roles
Every day Stubby the Rocket jets around the internet looking for links of interest. When Stubby finds these links, they get put in our handy Links of Interest section and sometimes on our Twitter and Facebook! Sometimes Stubby creates an extra section in Morning Roundup for the stuff Stubby knows you crave. Here’s today’s selection:
- Artist Garrett Miller is translating kids’ drawings into actual art.
- Now you can get a DC Comics action figure personalized with your own head on it. If this isn’t the future, then what is?
- If you travel back to 1950 and use beauty products, try to avoid this radioactive face cream.
- More than ten years after the inception of Marvel Comics’ Ultimate Universe, they will finally cross over with the main universe.
- Don’t ever think Darth Vader only has one trick or he might… use his one trick.
- Community‘s Donald Glover isn’t the new Spider-Man. But he managed to get hidden in the new Spider-Man movie!
- The Good, the Bad, and the Wookiee
Alex Proyas is set to adapt Heinlein’s The Unpleasant Profession of Jonathan Hoag. Will it be as
faithful insultinglukewarm as his I, Robot adaptation?
- Was there almost a full-size Enterprise in Vegas? (What do they mean “almost”?)
- When will Firefly return now that Joss Whedon has some serious Hollywood clout? Probably never.
- Den of Geek has a piece on the satisfaction to be found in going easy on Doctor Who continuity errors.
- Speaking of, Doctor Who is filming in New York City this week! io9 snuck some pics.
- The Mary Sue made memes of 17 actors who have played multiple genre roles. Get over it.
Stubby the Rocket is the mascot of Tor.com but has also played HAL, the Enterprise-C, and that one B-Wing you see in Return of the Jedi. Get over it.