This drawing of Benedict Cumberbatch’s Sherlock as Smaug by SevLovesLily is just darling. Repeat after us: Mystery-solving dragon! Mystery-solving dragon! Mystery-solving dragon!
Other highlights below:
- Ender will throw down on Katniss
- William Shatner dressed as a Ghostbuster
- A massive spoiler for The Avengers
Every day Stubby the Rocket jets around the internet looking for links of interest. When Stubby finds these links, they get put in our handy Links of Interest section and sometimes on our Twitter and Facebook! Sometimes Stubby creates an extra section in Morning Roundup for the stuff Stubby knows you crave. Here’s today’s selection:
- So how’s the market for drawings of Benedict Cumberbatch as Smaug and Sherlock at the same time? Booming, apparently.
- 10 genes named for SFF characters or icons. Do you have one of them?
- An entire gallery of illustrated female astronauts by artist Philip J. Bond.
- Katniss Everdeen Barbie doll revealed. We can’t wait for the Clove doll, complete with psychotic freckles!
- The geekiest, most amazing dioramas (featuring Peeps) you’ve ever seen, guaranteed. The Walking Dead one might be our favorite, but we have issues.
- How would Mega Man be classified today? Heroic robot? Or malware?
- Why is William Shatner dressed as a Ghostbuster? Is he tired of climbing mountains?
- So, the Avengers toys reveal a massive spoiler for the movie. Seriously, it ruins a huge surprise. You will hate yourself for reading it.
- What the Heinlein’s told the 1940 U.S. Census. (Yeah, it was weird.)
- DC putting out a six-issue Master of the Universe mini-series. And let us tell you, Orko gets dark.
- The Blue Sky Disney blog is hinting at a 2014 animated movie combining Marvel characters and Pixar talent. This could be epic.
- The Ender’s Game movie has been pushed back to November 2013, which will put it head to head against Catching Fire. Oooooh.
Smauglock by DeviantArt user SevLovesLily
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot of Tor.com. Seriously, why does William Shatner have a proton pack on? This is turning Stubby’s world upside down.