Beyond being clever, the above video featuring Yoda speaking words in pretty much the “correct” order made us wonder the following: do a bunch of young, hip Jedi start saying things out of order to make themselves feel cooler than other students? Is the talking out of order thing some kind of affected phase that every young Jedi goes through?
While you consider the ways in which Yoda made you talk like a fool when you were younger, your offsite links are waiting for you below.
- A quick taste of the new season of True Blood.
- Meditating on the lack of diversity in Game of Thrones.
- Finding speculative fiction’s place in academia.
Every day Stubby the Rocket jets around the internet looking for links of interest. When Stubby finds these links, they get put in our handy Links of Interest section and sometimes on our Twitter and Facebook! Sometimes Stubby creates an extra section in Morning Roundup for the stuff Stubby knows you crave. Here’s today’s selection:
- Real robots form a band. Do a cover version of The Beatles’ “Come Together.”
- Felicia Day sings a song about how geeks are cool now. Joss Whedon directs.
- Oddly, a sequel to The Woman in Black is underway. Hammer Films is back.
- Clarkesworld Magazine has a roundtable this month discussing the relationship speculative fiction has with academia.
Will Captain America 2 be helmed by the folks from Community?
- Tons of clones? Quadruplets? Media hoax? You decide.
- Red Letter Media weighs in on The Hunger Games.
- Could Game of Thrones be a bit more diverse?
- Sadly, the reports of a Mars Attacks Broadway musical were a prank!
- A new Avengers TV spot.
- 30-second brand-new True Blood teaser trailer.
- New character posters for Brave.
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot of Tor.com. Noticed, Stubby did not, anything wrong with Yoda’s speech.