Not content to have all the archery action taken by Katniss, Hawkeye, and Merida, Oliver Queen has thrown his Robin Hood-ish cap into the ring. The CW is likely hoping the new Green Arrow show will capture the attention of the same viewers that kept Smallville for ten years.
What else did we find yesterday? A carefully selected group of offsite links awaits you. Swoosh.
- Hunger Games games are coming on Friday.
- Those Ninja Turtles might lose one of their adjectives.
- The Dude may return to The Grid after all.
Every day Stubby the Rocket jets around the internet looking for links of interest. When Stubby finds these links, they get put in our handy Links of Interest section and sometimes on our Twitter and Facebook! Sometimes Stubby creates an extra section in Morning Roundup for the stuff Stubby knows you crave. Here’s today’s selection:
- Despite the film version of Cat in the Hat being the worst thing ever, there is now going to be a CG version.
- A side-by-side of animated fan-made Avengers trailer versus the real one.
- Angels vs. astronauts.
- There will be a 3D version of Jurrasic Park next year. Jello and all.
- The Twilight fanfic which became it’s own thing. Major book deal.
- Will Jennifer Lawerence have to choose between an X-Men sequel and Catching Fire?
- According to Michael Bay, the Ninja Turles are now aliens. No word on whether Splinter will say “game over man” all the time.
- Darth Maul is going to camp out on The Clone Wars for awhile. Obi-Wan is pissed.
- Which SFF book series could go on forever?
- Free Hunger Games Facebook games coming on Friday.
- On Smithsonian.com, io9 editor Annalee Newitz calls for less pessimistic science fiction.
- Green Arrow image came from Deadline.
- The Mary Sue offers 10 reasons why it’s cool to go to a midnight premier.
- Hey man, Jeff Bridges might be in Tron 3.
- Animated Starship Troopers movie.
- U.K. version of the Prometheus trailer.
- Book trailer for Chryasanthe.
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot of Tor.com. Stubby the Rocket offered Green Arrow the use of the alter-ego “Stubby the Arrow” but Green Arrow some how found the word “Stubby” off-putting. Whatever.