There’s only one question on everyone’s lips right now: how many new puppies born in 2012 will be named John Carter? We think the answer is somewhere between 1 and ALL them. Check back with us next year when all the dogs are called John Carter and we’ll see who is rich.
Ready for your offsite links?
- There are now John Carter fans. And they have demands.
- Joss Whedon says never say die. Unless you’re Buffy, Wash, Tara, Shepherd Book, Buffy again, Spike, half the cast of Dollhouse…
- Nick Sagan takes everyone to sci-fi school.
(Vader/Unicorn art by Hillary White.)
Every day Stubby the Rocket jets around the internet looking for links of interest. When Stubby finds these links, they get put in our handy Links of Interest section and sometimes on our Twitter and Facebook! Sometimes Stubby creates an extra section in Morning Roundup for the stuff Stubby knows you crave. Here’s today’s selection:
- SyFy Channel announces new time travel show called Rewind.
- Video of Darth Maul and Obi-Wan Kenobi’s re-match on The Clone Wars!
- Nick Sagan talks about what SF movies and TV get wrong all the time.
- Japanese version of The Avengers trailer has new footage.
- Weird controversy over Ender’s Game in a public school.
- The Three Astronauts, the children’s book by Umberto Eco.
- Joss Whedon won’t say never on a return to Firefly.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger’s insane commentary tracks continue. This time for T3
- io9’s March Madness is all about the worst sci-fi movie ever.
- We got the cute Vader thing from here.
- John Carter fans want a sequel. They don’t care if it isn’t making money.
- Red Letter Media’s Half in the Bag says John Carter “didn’t piss them off.”
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot and Tor.com. Stubby doesn’t have a dog. And the name of Stubby’s cat is a secret.