In an alternate universe, Tasha Yar would have been played by Marina Sirtis and Troi would have been played by Denise Crosby, which means, when Denise Crosby wanted to leave Star Trek:The Next Generation, the character of Troi would have been killed. Then would Troi have come back to life as a half-Romulan, half-Betazoid person? The mind reels. Ready for your offsite links? Zap attack!
- Denise Crosby says the roles for women on TNG were sorta lame.
- Soviet Hobbit art+how to make a Hobbit house.
- Was Davros ripped off?
(Avatar/Star Wars mashup by David Filoni via rowsdowr.com.)
Every day Stubby the Rocket jets around the internet looking for links of interest. When Stubby finds these links, they get put in our handy Links of Interest section and sometimes on our Twitter and Facebook! Sometimes Stubby creates an extra section in Morning Roundup for the stuff Stubby knows you crave. Here’s today’s selection:
- EW takes a look at the entire cast of Ender’s Game.
- What if James Bond spoke the words of Sterling Archer from Archer? This would be the result.
- Really great Soviet art from the Soviet version of The Hobbit.
- Steampunk Star Wars art.
- How did the moon become the moon? This video explains.
- Release of World War Z movie has be pushed back
- Peter Mendelsund has designed some great book covers. (Look at his website. Love the book covers.)
- Lightspeed Magazine features the art of Ed Basa.
- The Cros (Denise Crosby) lays down the law in her part 2 of her interview on StarTrek.com. (Though oddly omits talking about her guest spot on The Flash)
- Stacey Brooke shows us how to build a Hobbit house for kids.
- Star Wars/The Last Airbender mashup came from here.
- Really cool Doctor Who skins for an iPhone. (The Van Gogh TARDIS exploding painting is so cool!)
- TARDIS wedding ring. For real.
- Did some poor kid have his idea for Davros stolen in 1972?
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot of Tor.com. Stubby would have probably voted for Sela if faced with a choice between her and Shinzon.