This is King’s Landing from A Game of Thrones as created through the infinitely variable game Minecraft. The team behind this project has already started on Westeros and aims to map the entirety of Westeros before they’re done. That’s a lot of brothels to build.
Before you consider that enormity, take a gander at some of the more intriguing offsite links. Highlights below the cut include:
- A writer on Mother Jones explaining why Return of the Jedi is actually the best Star Wars film.
- Star Trek: The Next Generation season 8 as told through Twitter.
- A fully detailed model of Hogwarts that’s bigger than your house.
Every day Stubby the Rocket jets around the internet looking for links of interest. When Stubby finds these links, they get put in our handy Links of Interest section and sometimes on our Twitter and Facebook! Today’s selection:
- These folks are creating all of Westeros through Minecraft. They’ve recently finished King’s Landing, which is, like, 57% brothel.
- Kevin Drum explains on Mother Jones why Return of the Jedi is actually the best Star Wars film. He tackles the Ewoks right off the bat.
- The 2012 Suvudu Cage Match has begun. You can vote in Round 1 now.
- This fully-detailed model of Hogwarts used in the films is bigger than your apartment. And soon you’ll be able to walk on its grounds.
- Get a first look at the upcoming Halo 4.
- Have you checked out the ST: TNG Season 8 Twitter yet? Picard has to debate a sentient mountain!
- The Japanese trailer for Brave has a lot of new footage. Here’s a version with English subtitles.
- Someone made a stop-motion version of the opening credits to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles animated show opening. (Although they also rerecorded the theme song with a very very tone deaf singer, so maybe keep the volume low.)
- NOVA has a new video up that teaches you how to extract your own DNA! You’re welcome.
- They don’t make Gene Wolfe covers like this anymore
- Norman Spinrad to film his “lost” Trek script with the Star Trek: Phase 2 fan series.
- Freema Agyeman to star in prequel show to Sex & the City: The Carrie Diaries.
- The Game of Thrones homage on The Simpsons.
Stubby the Rocket is the mascot of Tor.com and is really really glad it offloaded Barclay when it had the chance.