We can’t wait for this Doctor Who/Star Trek: The Next Generation crossover. Maybe the Doctor will go back in time and prevent the death of Tasha Yar and Geordie will start using a sonic screwdriver exclusively in engineering. Also, Riker will likely make a move on Amy and Rory will have to fight him. “Um…Will…I’m going to have hit you now…” (We fought Riker once, and won.)
In addition to this awesome crossover news, there are some other great off site links in the morning roundup!
- Lots of Star Wars: The Phantom Menace 3-D hate.
- Space: 2099 is coming.
- Dr. Zaius reads Mark Twain.
Every day Stubby the Rocket jets around the internet looking for links of interest. When Stubby finds these links, they get put in our handy Links of Interest section and sometimes on our Twitter and Facebook! Here are today’s:
- Lots of Phantom Menace stuff today. First up: Red Letter Media’s new audio track to stick in your ears while you’re watching Episode I in 3-D.
- Simon Pegg explains why The Phantom Menace is terrible to MTV.
- George Lucas claims he always wanted Greedo to shoot first. But Den of Geek points to the Star Wars novelization which bears George Lucas’s name.
- Alan Moore talks about V for Vendetta and Anonymous.
- Space: 1999 is coming back! It will called Space: 2099, but will Martin Landua be back?
- Look at this robot-man made out of Apple computers.
- Star Trek 2 stuff! Chris Pine talks about Benedict Cumberbatch’s great voice.
- Doctor Who / Star Trek crossover is happening in a comic book from IDW. Engage! Geronimo! (via Bleeding Cool)
- The Geek’s Guide to the Galaxy podcast will now be hosted by Wired.
- What’s happening behind Obama? Look closely.
- Dr. Zaius reads Mark Twain via John Hodgeman.
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot of Tor.com. Stubby was there when Sarah Jane Smith met Captain Kirk. HOT.